- Koh, S.Y., Hoon, C.-Y., & Noor Azam Haji-Othman. (forthcoming). “Mandarin Fever” and Chinese Language Learning in Brunei Middle Schools: Discrepant Discourses, Multifaceted Realities and Institutional Barriers. Asian Studies Review.
- Koh, S.Y. (2020) Disrupted Geographic Arbitrage and Differential Capacities of Coping in Later-Life: Anglo-Western Teacher Expatriates in Brunei. International Migration Review.
- Koh, S.Y., & Sin, I.L. (2020) Academic and Teacher Expatriates: Mobilities, Positionalities and Subjectivities. Geography Compass, 14(5), e12487.
- Koh, S.Y., & Harris, A. (2020). Multicultural Reflexivity: University Students Negotiating ‘Pockets’ and ‘Strings’ of Multiculturalism in Malaysia. Children’s Geographies. [limited free e-print here]
- Koh, S.Y., & Wissink, B. (2018). Enabling, Structuring and Creating Elite Transnational Lifestyles: Intermediaries of the Super-Rich and the Elite Mobilities Industry. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 44(4), 592-609. [limited free e-print here]
- Koh, S.Y. (2017). Property Tourism and the Facilitation of Investment-Migration Mobility in Asia. Asian Review, 30(1), 27-45. [PDF]
- Koh, S.Y. (2015). Postcolonial Approaches to Migration in Asia: Reflections and Projections. Geography Compass, 9(8), 432-444.
- Koh, S.Y. (2015). State-led Talent Return Migration Programme and the Doubly Neglected ‘Malaysian Diaspora’: Whose Diaspora, What Citizenship, Whose Development? Singapore Journal of Tropical Geography, 36(2), 183-200. [PDF]
- Koh, S.Y. (2015). Temporalities of Citizenship: Malaysian-Chinese Skilled Migrants in Singapore and Returnees to Malaysia. Asian and Pacific Migration Journal, 24(1), 3-27. [PDF]
- Koh, S.Y. (2015). How and Why Race Matters: Malaysian-Chinese Transnational Migrants Interpreting and Practising Bumiputera-Differentiated Citizenship. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 41(3), 531-550.
Commentaries, Debates and Essays
- Shin, H.B., Zhao, Y., & Koh, S.Y. (2020). Whither Progressive Urban Futures? Critical Reflections on the Politics of Temporality in Asia. CITY: Analysis of Urban Change, Theory & Action, 24(1-2), 244-254. [invited intervention piece; limited free e-prints here]
- Koh, S.Y. (2020). Noncitizens’ rights: Moving beyond migrants’ rights.Migration and Society: Advances in Research, 3(1), 233-237. [invited reflection essay for special roundtable]
- Forrest, R., Koh, S.Y., & Wissink, B. (2018). Hypergespaltene Städte und die ‘unmoralischen’ Superreichen – Fünf abschließende Fragen. sub\urban. journal for critical urban research, 6(2/3), 91-104. [invited translation of chapter into German for debate section of journal]
- Koh, S.Y. (2018). More than Real Estate. Dialogues in Human Geography, 8(2), 241-243. [invited essay for book review forum]